Are baby gates necessary? Well, there are two answers to this question. You will need child safety gate if you want to baby-proof your home. If you don’t want to install child safety gate, you can use child gates alternative for stairways and doorways.
Why are baby gates necessary?
- Baby gates are necessary to prevent your children from falling down the stairs. They keep away both young and old children from stairs.
- They keep your children away from fireplaces. (Kidco hearth gates)
- Baby gates block the rooms that do not have a door.
- Child safety gates create a safe playing area inside or outside of the home.
- Pets may carry germs and other dangerous viruses that can harm babies. Different pets have different hazardous viruses. Food poisoning and stomach illness are the most common diseases a child gets from animals.
- Kitchens are among the most dangerous places in a house. It has all the sharp items and other real hazardous things. child safety gates play an important role here.
Types of Child Safety Gates
- Hardware-mounted child gates are necessary to be used at the top of stairs only. Because they can bear extreme pressure and do not slip, you can also use them at the bottom of stairs.
- Pressure mounted baby gates are necessary to be used only at the bottom of stairs. They are not secure to use at the top of the stairs. They lack the hardware required, which makes it easy to topple the gate.
- When you don’t want to see baby gates when they’re not in use, retractable child gate are a must. This type of baby gate disappears when you are not using it.
When do you not need Child gates? Baby gates alternative.
Some parents don’t like baby gate for many reasons. They are challenging to install. Hardware-mounted baby gates require drilling into walls and banisters, which destroys home decor. Some child gates have a trip bottom bar which can cause serious injuries.
In this case, you will need baby barriers that can be installed on stairs and doorways. These barriers are stylish alternatives to baby gate. They are easy to install, and they don’t have a bottom threshold trip bar.